I am looking for a photography assistant to help me during photography sessions and weddings during the 2021 season (April-November).
This person will help me with almost every aspect of my business. This includes weddings, sessions, marketing, retail, and things like that. The primary duties will be during photo sessions, weddings, and events, where I’ll need someone to help me carry gear and assist with lighting equipment.
Assistants will also help with content creation for marketing projects that will include shooting photos and video during weddings and photography sessions.
This is a great opportunity for a student interested in photography to gain experience working on real photoshoots. Throughout the season, I will share tips and knowledge and help you learn and grow as a photographer.
The right candidate may also be trained as a second photographer for weddings or an associate photographer for sessions.
Door County, Wisconsin and surrounding areas.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Help carry gear during session or event.
- Assist with setting up and managing lighting equipment and modifiers.
- Be an extra set of eyes during shoot – help me look out for stray hairs, wrinkled clothes, etc.
- Help to pose and direct clients during sessions.
- Help get children to look at the camera during family sessions.
- Offer creative ideas during sessions.
- Assist with marketing content creation including shooting photos and video during weddings and photoshoots.
Required Skills and Qualifications
No experience is necessary. I can teach you what you’ll need to know, but the knowing the following can be helpful.
- Familiarity with professional cameras and lighting equipment is helpful.
- Ability work outdoors in adverse weather conditions. Sessions in bad weather is very rare, but it happens.
- Basic knowledge of lighting – Much of this can be taught to you but you should understand basic lighting techniques.
- Able to be active for long periods of time such as at a wedding.
- Able to lift 30 lbs. This is rare but some equipment might be heavy.
- Have reliable transporation to get to and from sessions and weddings.
Schedule will vary widely depending on the number of sessions and wedding booked during the season (May-October). Once the season gets going in June, assistants will work a minimum of 20-30 hours per week.
Timing of shifts will vary depending on bookings. Most photo sessions take place in the afternoons between 5pm and sunset. Occasionally there will be an early morning session. Each session will be between 1-2 hours of work. Weddings are mostly on the weekends and will average 8-10 hours per wedding.
When helping out in the retail gallery, the hours will be during the gallery’s open hours between 11am-5pm.
Apply on Facebook or using the form below. https://www.facebook.com/job_opening/884449355450316/?source=share