What a crazy world we are living in! Quarantines and social distancing have consumed pretty much our entire lives. There seems to be light at the end of the tunnel, so to speak, and a return to a somewhat “new normal” seems to be something that we are all trying to accomplish.
As I write this in early-August 2020, COVID-19 is still spreading in Wisconsin, and Door County is experiencing high activity according to the Wisconsin Department of Health.
That means that photography sessions in 2020 look a little different than they did in the past. We must take a few simple safety precautions to make sure everyone stays safe and healthy. I think that is simple enough!
So for your safety and mine, here are some of the policies that I have in place for my 2020 summer photography sessions in Door County. These guidelines are subject to change with new recommendations put forth by the Center for Disease Control and World Health Organization. I will follow these guidelines for all family sessions, senior yearbook sessions, and engagement sessions.
Photography Session Social Distancing Guidelines
- All sessions will take place outdoors. This won’t be a problem since pretty much all my sessions take place outdoors anyways. And Door County, Wisconsin has a lot of great outdoor photo locations!
- Social distancing guidelines will be followed at all times. A minimum of 6 feet of space will be kept between session participants, photographer, and assistant.
- No shaking hands with photographer.
- Photographer will be wearing a mask or cloth face covering for your protection
- If anyone involved in the session is feeling ill, has been exposed to someone who has tested positive, or is showing any symptoms of COVID-19, the session will be postponed at no charge.
I think these guidelines are super reasonable! They are meant to keep everyone safe. I’m not worried one bit about the quality of photos that I will create for you while following these guidelines. 6 feet is a very easy distance to maintain by simply choosing a more telephoto lens. In reality, I was usually maintaining this distance in a normal session so that won’t be a big deal.
With these guidelines in place, I believe we can stay safe while making some great photos! To talk about how we can get you set up with a session, send me a message!